100% yes! Don’t be afraid to send ads and promotions to your list. If you’ve been giving them valuable content, some of them will WANT an opportunity to buy. Sure others will ignore you. Maybe a few will unsubscribe, but what is the alternative? The last thing you want is to work hard to build a huge list of people that never buy anything from you.
[bctt tweet=”Your customers are looking to spend money. The fastest way to grow your business is to sell them solutions to their problems and overdeliver on that solution. “]
Here are a few tips to make the most of your ads and promotions.
- Remember, your customers are looking to spend money. Yes, it’s true. Instead of trying to convince them to spend money, just make it as easy as possible. The vast majority of buyers are actively looking to spend money to make their lives better. The brands that win are the ones that make spending money as easy as possible. Don’t believe me; look at Amazon, Google, and Apple. These three multi-billion dollar companies are in an all-out fight to make it as easy for you to spend money as possible.
- Only sell solutions to their problems. Don’t fuss over how cool you are or how many features you offer. Talk about their problem, let it land, then give them a solution to their problem and a vision of the successful future that awaits them.
- Underpromise and overdeliver. The opposite is to overpromise and underdeliver. Nothing will crush your reputation and destroy your brand faster. Resist the temptation to overpromise in your ads. Also, consider what free value add you can tack on that they aren’t already expecting.
- Don’t use gimmicks. Just be real and be honest. Consumers are so savvy today. You may trick them once, but it won’t work for long. You can fool some people some of the time, but you can’t fool all people all the time. Ditch the gimmicks and build a brand that lasts!
- Make your offers time-bound. Remember, you are going to your customers; they aren’t coming to you. If you’re going to make an offer, it will be far more successful if you can add some urgency to it. Send out predefined campaigns for limited-time promotions and watch the magic happen.
What if I don’t have an email list?
Some of you may be reading this and thinking “Yeah, this is great, but I don’t have a list.” If so, check out this article on How to Use Popups to Generate Leads on Your Website. and this article on transforming browsers into buyers.